These thick layered brownies have a double-delight of both chocolate chip cookie dough and brownie batter.—You’ll fall in love at first bite!
So many wonderful things going on in The Land of Brownies today….
That’s what I’m considering renaming my blog. You like?
I love. Love, love, LURVE.
For real though, guys. All the things that could be going right right now ARE going right. And I owe all thanks to these brownies. They turn any day around and make it fabulous.
Cause you had a bad day. You’re taking one down. You eat a bunch of brownies just to turn it arooooooound…
They make any Monday fabulous, to sum it up in a few words.
My singing makes Mondays somewhat terrible to the unfortunate listening party, so I’ll try my best to stop that…
Okay, so we’ve got some real deal, super-serious brownie/cookie dough business going down here today, guys. PREPARE those fat pants and those brownie-lovin’ tastebuds.
growl, growl, grumble, grumble.
Be quiet, Mr. Belly. You’re embarrassing me.
So here’s the run-down: We’ve got half brownie batter + half chocolate chip cookie dough all layered into one double-decker brownie which = BROOKIES.
Which, I kid you not, is actually my favorite word in the world.
And these brownies/brookies, whatever they are, I kid you not, are my favorite thing in the world.
Is there any question as to why? LOOKIT, LOOKIT!! → →
EEEP. Life is wonderful.
From the top, these just look like any ‘ol brownie. A few bites later reveal that you’re noshing on anything but the ordinary…
Chewy, chocolate chip-loaded cookie bottom layer? Check. Ultra-fudgy brownie later on top? Check-eroo.
Milk in my hand and my sweatpants on? Yes and I would recommend it. Monday is just too hard.
I can barely fit my fingers around all the layer-y goodness this brownie holds. It may be a challenge to fit my mouth around it, but I’m sure as heck gonna try.
Because I’m an uber-nice person, I’ll save you one brownie but the other 11 are MINE, MINE, MINE.
And uh, they’re kinda long-gone, gone, GONE. Sorry.
Here’s ‘da recipe in case you were interested in eating more than just one. I wouldn’t recommend sharing either. 😉
Double-Decker Cookie Dough Brownies
- COOKIE DOUGH LAYER:
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- BROWNIE LAYER:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the cookie dough layer: Place butter and sugar in a medium bowl and beat on medium speed with a handheld electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla until smooth. In a separate small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Beat flour mixture into liquid until mixture forms a dough. Stir in chocolate chips. Pat cookie dough evenly into the bottom of a foil-lined 13x9 baking sheet. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie layer: In a double-boiler over medium-high heat, melt butter and chocolate chips until smooth. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Meanwhile, whisk sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Gradually whisk melted chocolate mixture in until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and salt. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid until just combined.
- Pour brownie layer over cookie dough layer and gently smooth top. Bake brownies at 350F 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs sticking to it. Cool brownies in pan completely before cutting into squares.
More brownies because I sorta have a brownie addiction. 😉
Ultimate Gluten-Free Fudge Brownies
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
Leave a Reply