Fresh herbs and tangy greek yogurt are a match made in heaven in these ultra-buttery and flaky buttermilk biscuits! They’re heavenly warm from the oven with fresh butter.
I have a problem, guys. It’s called HOMEMADE BISCUITS SHALL BE THE DEATH OF ME.
Not actually of ME, per say….just of that ever-nonexistent diet that we hardly ever speak of.
Send help and all the butter you have.
Totally off subject here, but guess what?! My big sissy is here today! You know, the one that took me to Disney World last month with her. Yeah, THAT one. The fun big sister. Actually, she’s my only big sister. I have plenty of little sisters but only one big one. Lora likes to think that makes her super-special. Ha.
Also, I’m taller than her. HA.
Anywho, I’m pretty pumped because I haven’t seen her and the bro-in-law and my 2 nieces and 2 nephews in like 4 weeks since they decided that we just could NOT stay at Disney forever and had to come back to reality. BOO. I guess I understood, though. Sort of but not really.
What’s on our agenda today? Weeeeelp, I’m probably gonna cook up an insane amount of food for the crew, we’ll probably hit the park since it’s supposed to be super-nice outside today, and Lora and I have BIG plans involving that new espresso maker my mom and I just got.
Plans that will most likely involve us using it multiple times throughout the day. This could be exciting. 🙂
Anyway. Back to the biscuit business that we briefly strayed from….
Y’all know my classic buttermilk biscuit recipe right? If you don’t, allow me to acquaint you:
Best-ever biscuits, meet my friends. Friends, meet the best-ever biscuits.
Now that we’re all best buds here in Biscuit Land, let’s talk about the baby of those biscuits.
The herb-packed, greek yogurt-filled one. Yeah, THAT one.
Howdy, gorgeous. ♥
Basically all I did to the original recipe to make these NEW AND FUN-IFIED biscuits was decrease the buttermilk a little bit, throw in some creamy greek yogurt and nutty grated Parmesan, and lastly pile all my favorite garden herbs into the dough.
Read: A lot of herbs. No such thing as too much, right? Right.
Ooh yeah! Look at that glorious green stuff!
Here’s how it’s gonna go down, guys: You’re going to make these biscuits. Then pretty much the second you pull ’em outta the oven you are not going to be able to resist grabbing them off the sheet right then and there and going to hot biscuit heaven.
Probably burning your fingers and tastebuds in the process of doing so, but some things are just worth it.
Ultra-buttery. Ultra-flaky. Oh-so herb filled, and oh-so darn amazing.
Those are the only adjectives my brain is able to formulate at the moment….mainly because the only thing on my mind right now is I NEED ANOTHER BISCUIT.
Also the fact that pretty soon here I’m gonna have to buy out Target of their stretchy pants. Heeeeeelp.
You’re going to heart these biscuits. Big, fat, puffy HEART ’em!
Herbed Greek Yogurt Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Additional butter for brushing
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Using your fingers, work cubed cold butter into dry ingredients until crumbly and butter is in pea-sized clumps. Add yogurt, cheese, buttermilk, and fresh herbs into dry ingredients and gently stir just until dough comes together.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and very gently knead several times until smooth. Roll dough out to 1-in thickness and cut out biscuits using a 3-in biscuit cutter. Place biscuits upside-down on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits at 450F 14-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with additional butter. Enjoy warm!