These big bakery-style blueberry muffins will be the star of your brunch! Supremely moist inside, loaded with juicy blueberries and topped with a buttery almond crumble topping.
Today is just a big ‘ol bakery-style blueberry MUFFIN kinda Friday.
Wait, isn’t that every day? No? Whatever, it’s definitely today and you wanna know why? It’s kinda a special day: These blueberry muffins today marks exactly FIVE HUNDRED posts on Whole and Heavenly Oven.
….Five hundred posts of good eats and….well, a lot of rambling from yours truly. You definitely deserve a muffin today for sticking with me thus far.
I’m excited right now, guys. Blueberry muffin-kinda excited. It’s a Friday thing—just go with it.
Here’s the thing, friends. These muffins are sort of the best thing that you’ll ever have in your life. Everyone needs a go-to blueberry muffin recipe right? This is mine. And geez, guys are they PERFECT! They were a masterpiece in the making.
A masterpiece that took a LONG time to pull together. I tested, re-tested and tested these muffins some more the past few months and as of two weeks ago, they are indeed, perfection. There are so many little simple tips and tricks to these muffins that make them unlike any other blueberry muffin. Yeaaaa!
Just to be sure I tested them like three more times after that because I really cannot even get enough of my bakery-style blueberry muffins at home-fix. 😉
P.S. The almond crumble streusel topping on top of these babies was one of my better ideas in life. Freakin’ LIFE-CHANGING stuff!!
Lemme break it down for you: These muffins are….
- Ginormous. Just like the ones you pay $8 for at the coffee shop. Only with these you can eat like 10 without forking over 80 bucks. Over an extended period of time, of course. (aheeeeeeem)
- Impossibly moist and soft inside. Seriously, guys! The SOFTNESS. I just want to lay my head and sleep on it. G’night.
- Jammed to the max with blueberries. Every.Single.Bite. (!!!)
- Covered every inch in almond crumble streusel. Yes, friends. This is totally LIFE.
- Surprisingly EASY. 30 minutes give or take a few seconds. Sound good?!
Totally not even kidding here, guys. These muffins are the real deal in Blueberry Muffin territory. Ask the family. They demolish these muffins pretty much within minutes of them coming out of the oven. Every time.
Sometimes I think it would be nice to have leftovers of SOMETHING….like even once ever….
Do you guys know what true happiness is? It is a ginormous homemade bakery blueberry muffin covered in crumble topping in front of you with an extra-tall cup of homemade cappuccino in hand.
With that wonderful, AWESOME feeling of weekend anticipation stretching before you. With nostalgic thoughts of five hundred freakin’ posts on your bloggety-blog running through your head.
Oops. Finished that muffin. Better grab another one. We’re celebratin’ here so I’ll grab one for you, you, and YOU too.
Yessir, you know that I’m one happy lady when I’m even willing to share my blueberry muffins with the general public.
Oh, and you should also probably know that I puffy HEART you guys! For reals. *mushy-gushy warning* MUAH!
Now let’s all have some muffins!
Bakery-Style Blueberry Almond Crumble Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries if using frozen, do not thaw
- ALMOND CRUMBLE:
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in yogurt, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Reserve 1 tablespoon flour mixture and set aside.
- Gently fold flour mixture into liquid, stirring until just combined. Toss blueberries with reserved 1 tablespoon flour mixture and very gently fold blueberries into batter. Fill prepared muffin cups to brim with batter and set aside for a minute while you prepare the topping.
- Prepare the almond crumble: In a small bowl, combine all crumble ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over filled muffin cups and gently press to adhere topping to batter.
- Bake muffins at 425F 5 minutes, then reduce heat to 375F and continue baking 16-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool muffins in pan 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy warm!
More muffins because I’m more or less the Muffin Lady. 😉
Best-Ever Morning Glory Muffins
Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Streusel Muffins
Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats says
Oooo the crumble and all those blueberries! I’m swooning!
Alyssa @ My Sequined Life says
500 posts?! Wow! These muffins look like the perfect thing to celebrate with! I don’t think I could keep my snacking to just one. 🙂
Oh, it’s completely impossible to keep the muffin count to only one. 😉 LOL. Thanks Alyssa!
Normally I”m just meh about muffins…but these are a whole other story. These are muffin heaven!
Haha! Well, thank you Joanne! xoxo
Jess @ Flying on Jess Fuel says
Wow, these do look perfect! I love ginormous muffins! And the topping just looks glorious. 🙂
Bigger muffins = Better-tasting every time, I rest my case. 😀 Thanks Jess!