A fresh avocado cherry tomato salad is piled high over crisp toast, fluffy scrambled eggs and lots of melty cheese for one impressive, yet super-easy breakfast winner!
Breakfast-time!!! All-in-one breakfast toasts around for eveeeeerybody!
It’s toast! No, wait. It’s scrambled eggs on TOP of toast. With cheese. And avocados. And cherry tomatoes.
Can you even contemplate the level of insanity loaded into one itsy-bitsy slice of this toast? Right now it’s all I can do to keep my heart beating the way it should. Clearly, it’s the seemingly-little things I get over-excited about. 😉
We’re not doing little today though, guys. Go big in the toast department or go HOME!
So can we talk about something seriously annoying in my life? It’s called a breakfast struggle.
The breakfast struggle, guys. It’s REAL. All day long I have such grand plans and inspiration for super-creative and totally-outta-the-box breakfast ideas, but come morning when I’m blurry-eyed, fuzzy-brained and starvinated? (my mom’s lingo–eek!) Pooooof! Outta my head goes all the breakfast brainstorms and I’m left with nada motivation.
Pretty much because all I’m thinking at this point is: Food. Give me. The food.
In that exact caveman manner of speaking.
So obviously this toast was planned the night BEFORE and I actually wrote all the stuff DOWN so that my empty-come-morning Sarah brain would not go all into shut-down mode come 6am the next morning.
And hence, the breakfast toast to beat ’em ALL was born. And happiness ensued and mornings were made joyous forever more.
Let’s get real here for a second—scrambled egg toast = Totally WINNING at the whole super-speedy, totally-transportable, + extra-awesome breakfast game.
Oh, and a kickin’-good avocado-cherry tomato medley crowning the whole dang thing? It just seals the whooooole deal.
There could just be no wrong done by a killer combo such as this….
And really, why should you have scrambled eggs on the SIDE of your toast when you can pile ’em on TOP? The answer is you just shouldn’t…and never again I shall.
Let’s lay out all the steps in the order of their appearance.
- Make scrambled eggs.
- Make toast.
- Pile scrambled eggs on TOP of toast.
- Layer some cheesy goodness and broil ’til perfect.
- Mound the whole ‘dang thing with avocado + cherry tomatoes.
- Dig in and don’t share. This recipe technically yields two servings, but seriously? We all know that really means ONE for the obsessed scrambled egg toast-kinda people.
We’re all that kind of person, right? Yeah.
It’s times like this when it’s totally appropriate to just forget the table manners and just dive in.
Tomorrow is FRIDAY and we should all celebrate that with a “toast.” (haha!)
Cheesy Scrambled Egg Toast with Avocado Cherry Tomato Medley
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices bread toasted
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium avocado peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk eggs and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Heat oil over medium heat in a small saucepan until shimmering. Pour eggs into saucepan and gently fold eggs around occasionally until they begin to form small curds. Remove from heat and season eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide scrambled eggs evenly between toasted bread and top each with a slice of mozzarella. Broil toasts 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Make the medley: Combine all medley ingredients in a small bowl. Serve over warm scrambled egg toasts.
More super-speedy, ultra-tasty breakfasts? See below. 😉