Packed with pumpkin ‘n’ spices, unbelievably soft inside, and covered with a luscious glaze, these easy cake bars are the perfect way to welcome fall!
I’m not holding back anymore, people. Today is September 1st and in my pumpkin-obsessed mind, that is pretty much just automatic code for Pumpkin All The Things.
I’ve been counting down the hours, the minutes, the seconds, and the milliseconds all summer….
Glazed Pumpkin Spice Cake Bars
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Toasted chopped pecans for garnishing optional
- Make the bars: Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-in square baking pan with tin foil and lightly grease. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth. In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid until just combined. Evenly spread batter into prepared pan and smooth top with a spatula.
- Bake bars at 350F 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool bars completely in pan on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and just enough milk to achieve a drizzling consistency.
- Once bars are cooled, pour glaze over top and gently spread over bars. Allow icing to set 10 minutes, then slice bars into squares and serve.