Drizzled with tons of glaze and incredibly soft and filled with soft apple chunks inside, this stunning bundt cake will impress everyone you serve it to!
So please excuse me while I get all the crazy FALL things of of my system. Things like pumpkin cheesecake in french toast form, things like sticky buns and pumpkin muffins all hangin’ out in one muffin…
…and things like this absolutely ridiculous cake I’m bringing you today, courtesy of my falling-hard-for-the-fall-goodies mindset.
I have to confess something slightly-ridiculous and ultimately embarrassing: Guys, I am not a cake person. Oh, you noticed the severely-lacking amount of cake recipes on my blog too? There’s your reason why.
Belieeeeeve me guys, it’s definitely not that I don’t love cake. It’s just that…well, don’t hate me for saying this, but cakes are kinda a pain in the rear to make ya know? Gimme the speed and total awesomeness of a cookie or brownie any day!
Yeah, I’m aware that sounds totally lazy of me. Big cakes are usually just reserved for special occasions/birthdays around here. That’s all.
…until…I totally broke all those rules and barriers a few weeks ago, when I suddenly got the irrevocable craving for a big ‘ol classic bundt cake. Preferably one with glaze by the bucketfuls and SOMETHING fall-flavored thrown inside.
Oh hi, apples. ♥
I’m turning over a new fall leaf, so to speak.
Yeah, guys? Just forget all that rambling/hatin’ I did on cakes up there. It never happened, because seriously: THIS CAKE!!!
For one thing, it’s completely gorgeous is it not? All the pretty glaze cascading down the sides, the glorious little chunks of apples…
Pretty food RULES.
And believe me: It tastes just as awesome as it looks. My family could not stop commenting on how moist and ultra-soft every bite was along with the perfect blend of fall spices.
Aaaand well, apple cider glaze. It takes thing up about 10 notches on the yum-o-meter.
For an obviously-lazy cake baker like myself, this cake really was a dream to whip up. The batter literally takes 5 minutes to throw together and then nearly the rest of the time is just inactive while the cake bakes and fills your house with all the bodacious fall smells…
Is it glaze time yet?? I think it is. DRENCH every nook and cranny of the cake with glaze—seriously, leave no inch un-glazed.
And we are in the CAKE. Just in time for Friday too, wouldja’ look at that??
Guys, for real: If you make ONE cake this fall, please let it be this one! It serves worthy causes for pretty much anytime.
You see what I did there? I totally just gave you an excuse to eat this cake for breakfast.
I’ll take the cake on that one. (haha)
Glazed Fresh Apple Bundt Cake
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples peeled, cored and small-diced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Make the cake: Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease and flour a 9-in bundt cake pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. In a separate large bowl, whisk oil, sugar, yogurt, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid until batter is just combined. Fold in diced apple.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and evenly smooth top. Bake cake at 325F 60-65 minutes or until a skewer inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool cake completely on a wire cooling rack. Once cooled, run a knife around edges of pan and carefully invert cake onto a serving plate.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk all glaze ingredients until smooth and drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze evenly over cooled cake. Let glaze set 10 minutes before slicing and serving cake.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #wholeandheavenlyoven on Instagram. And follow me so we can be friends! ♥