Enjoy all the flavors and textures you love about coffee cake and banana bread all in one irresistible cinnamon streusel-covered loaf!
Stre-usel! Stre-usel! Gimme an S-T-R-E…
Hey, friends. It’s streusel time. Did you catch those subtle hints above?
It’s also coffee cake time AND banana bread time. All rolled into one with STREUSEL! Really, what won’t I smash banana bread into these days?
Nothing short of all the things. ♥
It’s kinda the same deal with streusel. It belongs on really everything.
And coffee cake? Well, the way I see it is that it obviously gives you a great excuse to drink more COFFEE whilst you eat this banana bread.
Okay, that last reasoning was definitely lame. As if we need an excuse to caffeine-load…
The point in all this endless rambling is probably the simple fact that FRIENDS! You want this bread in your life. Like now. No waiting, no excuses. Just do it.
We’re going to be using my simple banana bread batter from the original recipe. It’s simple, no-fuss and you probably have all the ingredients to make it happen NOW.
Then…we’re gonna shake things up a little bit in the STREUSEL department! We’re gonna make loads of buttery, cinnamon-sugary streusel; reminiscent of the streusel that we all know and love on coffee cake.
Over the batter goes the streusel. Gently press the crumbs into the batter to make sure they adhere securely. — Falling-off streusel = legit sadness.
Then it’s into the oven for about an hour OR until you begin to notice that your house smells like some form of cinnamon-y banana bread heaven. ♥
Now you may be wondering: Uhh, Sarah? Where’s the glaze? You guys probably know by now that I’m a total glaze girl, but for this banana bread, I just really wanted the streusel goodness to shine through without any “frills” or “extras.” Does that make any sense?? I seriously think I may be losing it…
Now I’d say it’s high-time for a banana bread binge. With streusel adorning every glorious, makes-you-squeal bite.
And squeal you most definitely will. After you undoubtedly demolish the entire loaf.
It’s cool though, guys. That’s just how we banana bread-lovers ROLL!
Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake Banana Bread
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- BANANA BREAD:
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 4 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CINNAMON STREUSEL:
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup cold butter cubed
- Make the bread: Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease two 9-in loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, yogurt, buttermilk, eggs, banana, and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Gently fold flour mixture until batter is just combined. Scrape batter into prepared pans and set aside for a moment.
- Make the streusel: In a medium bowl, combine all streusel ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over two banana bread batters, gently pressing crumbs into batter to adhere.
- Bake banana bread at 350F 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool bread completely in pans on a wire cooling rack. Once bread is cooled, remove from pans, slice, and serve.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #wholeandheavenlyoven on Instagram. And follow me so we can be friends! ♥
Give a girl a slice of banana bread and she can conquer the WORLD! ♥