Love the cranberry bliss bars from Starbucks? You’ll love them even more in scone form!
It’s scone time y’all! We’re gettin’ down and dirty with the scones today.
The season seriously just told me so. I mean, the snow and the fact that it’s freezing for REAL told me that it was more than high time to gulp eggnog-spiked coffee by the gallon and munch on cranberry bliss scones by the zillions.
So you know what I want my weekend to solely consist of? Numerous cuppas coffee, warm blankets, Netflix, and approximately 250 of these scones. In that exact order.
I don’t ignore practical reasoning like that. And I obviously don’t fool around in the scone department either.
OBSERVE: All the things you love about a Starbucks cranberry bliss bar snuck their way into scone form. Sneaky, sneaky!
So. What the heck is going on in scone land today? White chocolate. Paired with tart, juicy cranberries. Packed into the flakiest, butteriest scone you could even dream about.
Yes. Heck to the yes.
Life is good, ain’t it? Scones can have that effect on you, I’ve noticed.
Currently missing —> All self-control. It’s gone and I don’t think it’s coming back. Good thing I have cranberry bliss scones to fill that void. 😉
I too dream of the day when my pants will fit again. *sigh*
I also ate way too many of these scones in case you didn’t catch that. Story of this scone-freak’s life.
Soon to be your “problem” too. 😉
White Chocolate Cranberry Bliss Scones
- 4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Grated zest from 1 medium orange about 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup cold butter cubed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh cranberries halved
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt, sugar, and orange zest. Using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk sour cream, eggs, half-and-half, and vanilla until smooth. Pour over dry ingredients, add white chocolate and cranberries and gently stir until a shaggy mass of dough forms.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead several times until dough just comes together. Divide dough in half and pat each half into a 9-in round. Cut each round into eight wedges and place wedges on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake scones at 425F 12-15 minutes or until tops are golden-brown. Cool scones on a wire cooling rack several minutes and serve warm.
I’m a scone-freak and not ashamed one bit. 😉 Try these favs next!
Coffee Shop-Style Pumpkin Spice Scones
White Chocolate Strawberries ‘n’ Cream Scones
Nadia's Healthy Kitchen says
They look amazing, Sarah 😀 I love tart desserts, I imagine the chocolate would complement the cranberries so well 🙂 YUM!
The white chocolate totally goes amazingly with the cranberries! The perfect match. 😀 Thanks Nadia!
Rachel @ Bakerita says
White chocolate and cranberries are one of the most absolutely perfect winter combos, and these scones look so fluffy and perfect!
Right?? Totally my favorite winter combo of all time. 🙂 Thanks Rachel!
Izzy @ She Likes Food says
I want warm blankets and Netflix too!! I also want a big basket of these cranberry bliss scones! I love cranberry baked goods so much and they are even better with white chocolate!
A weekend made of dreams right?? Thanks Izzy!