Ultra-soft and moist banana snack cake with a double-whammy of chocolate and surprisingly lighter on the calories too!—Have two or three pieces without the guilt.
I may or may not be having snack cake for breakfast today.
With extra chocolate, an XXL cappuccino, and zero guilt.
I know, I know, I’m kinda breaking the whole idea snack cake is centered around but hey, if cake can be healthy enough for snacktime who’s to say it doesn’t qualify as breakfast?
And Monday. So there’s that.
So who’s gonna join me in the whole protesting-of-Monday-with-zee-snack-cake thing I’ve got cooking? It promises to make for a shorter and most definitely sweeter day.
We start by eating one piece for breakfast. Then another for that dreaded mid-Monday afternoon slump. Then another after dinner because the call of the sweet tooth. Then midnight snack, because let’s be honest: we all have ’em.
What makes this snack cake so healthy-ish? It’s based off of my beloved banana bread recipe! You know, that one that uses a whopping FOUR bananas, things like greek yogurt and milk for ultra-softness, and only a piddly 1/4 cup oil.
We’re doing all those things today in snack cake form. ↓
And of course all the chocolate you can physically load into a poor snack cake.
I like to test my double-chocolate cake-stuffing abilities. Meaning I like to dump all the chocolate in my snack cake, okay?
Friends and loyal chocoholics, how you’re still making it through Monday right now without snack cake, I don’t even know.
Fix that NOW and send me proof in leftovers.
Healthy Double-Chocolate Banana Snack Cake
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 4 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat mashed banana, sugar, yogurt, oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold flour mixture into liquid until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake at 350F 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out with moist crumbs sticking to it. Cool cake on a wire cooling rack, then slice into squares. Enjoy!
Just in case you needed more excuses to eat double chocolate for breakfast. 😉