These loaded breakfast granola parfaits are like eating dessert for breakfast! No one will ever guess that it’s healthier for you.
Today’s recipe is brought to you by my most current obsession which is banana cream pie all.the.things. Even in breakfast.
Do you see what I did there? I put an ordinarily guilt-ridden dessert into a totally guiltless breakfast. Thus, no guilt was felt and we are all given the green light to parfait our way through Tuesday.
So it feels like basically forever since we’ve done granola parfaits on the blog, and that’s probably because it HAS been all the forevers. Well over a year at least, and that might as well be forever.
Let’s chat things up for a minute about all the layers we’ve got going down here. The first layer is homemade vanilla pudding + vanilla yogurt. The pudding is super-easy to throw together and can be made WAY in advance if these parfaits are gonna be one of those weekday morning grab-n-gos.
The second layer is obviously granola, because we need lots of it here. You can use storebought, your own favorite recipe, or if you want your life to be MADE, you could always try my personal keeper recipe. No pressure, guys, but HINT HINT! 😉
Lastly, of course, we have bananas because they’re kinda the star here. After layering up all the good stuff a few times, you could also do something crazy like top the whole shebang with mini chocolate chips. Like me, Sarah the apparently crazy-lady forgot to do last time. Whoops!
Oh man, guys. We’re taking these parfaits ALL the way today!
What are YOU doing with your Tuesday? I sincerely hope you’re clearing your schedule for the wedding of banana cream pie to granola parfaits.
It promises to be a glorious breakfast event.
Banana Cream Pie Granola Parfaits
- 1 cup milk divided
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3 bananas peeled and sliced
- 3 cups granola
- Mini semisweet chocolate chips for topping optional
- Make the pudding: In a medium saucepan, heat 3/4 cup milk and sugar over medium heat until hot. In a small bowl, whisk remaining 1/4 cup milk, egg yolk, and cornstarch until smooth. Whisking constantly, add 1 tablespoon hot milk mixture to egg yolk until smooth. Repeat a total of 4 times, then add all back to saucepan. Stirring occasionally, bring pudding to a simmer and cook until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt. Cool pudding at room temperature, then press plastic wrap directly on surface and refrigerate until cold.
- Remove pudding from refrigerator and whisk in vanilla yogurt until smooth. Assemble the parfaits in glasses, making three layers of pudding, sliced banana, and granola. Top each parfait with mini chocolate chips if desired. Enjoy!
Let’s do more breakfast!! <3
Healthy Double-Chocolate Breakfast Cookies
Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Sour Cream Pancakes
Leave a Reply