Extra-creamy and extra-flavorful classic risotto packed with lots of pesto and juicy cherry tomatoes!
How you’re currently wishing your Monday was going down. —>
You’re wishing it was looking as obnoxiously green as mine is. Don’t deny it.
So guys. Do you by any chance remember my ginormous obsession with risotto back in this post? I more or less embarrassed myself by chattering for like 10 hours about how much I loved risotto and all the reasons why. I won’t do that to you today. Or will I…Seriously, we’re bringing ALL that good stuff back today. Only we’re also inviting pesto to join the party and stay awhile.
Yep, I went ahead and made the whole pan green. Again. What won’t I green-ify these days?
Superquickie sidenote: I got back from my trip to Topeka late last night and as of this Monday morning it is officially back to the exhausting realms of reality for this girl.
And I’m kinda worried for my coffee supply to be honest…
So I’m fighting those post-spring break blues with cozy risotto and plenty ‘o green and no one shall tell me otherwise.
Guys, tell me you aren’t obsessed with the contents of this entire beyoo-tiful pan. The flavor-PACKED pesto. The soft, sweet cherry tomatoes. ALL that Parmesan perfec-tion. Ooh-boy…
Man, oh man, guys we sure know how to do Monday up right.
If you aren’t properly obsessed yet…here’s the pan. Go to town.
Your face. This risotto. 25 minutes. Aaaand GO!
Parmesan Pesto Risotto with Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1-1/2 cups arborio rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth, warmed
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil and add shallot. Saute until just tender. Add rice to skillet and stir 1-2 minutes until rice is lightly toasted. Add garlic and saute 1 additional minute until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and begin adding warm chicken broth to rice, a little bit at a time, waiting until liquid is evaporated before adding more broth.
- Continue adding broth in small amounts 20-25 minutes until rice is tender and creamy. Stir in pesto, cherry tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Season risotto with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve risotto immediately while warm and enjoy!
Need more excuses to love on pesto? Try these!
Creamy Basil Pesto Chicken Tetrazzini
Garden Veggie Pesto Scrambled Eggs
Leave a Reply