Braised in a flavorful Italian sauce and covered with melty Parmesan cheese, these one-pot Italian braised chicken thighs are Italian food at it’s absolute best!
Sooo I would just like to let you know that Italian food is going down today and it’s going down BIG.
As in, hold on tight to your spaghetti and tomatoes kinda-big.
These Italian braised chicken thighs are hands down, the best way to get your Italian food fix. They are real-deal, restaurant quality good.
Also…only SEVEN freaking ingredients kinda easy in the dinner department. I’m pretty sure this week’s dinner series is my favorite week ever, guys. FAV!
So let’s talk about this chicken and let’s talk about the fact that it’s quite simply the best.
Pan-seared chicken thighs take a nice long braise in flavorful pasta sauce. They come out awhile later SUPER-juicy and tender…
Cheese goes on top…back to the oven!
Then…chicken meets pasta. More sauce on top…
And KA-BOOM. We’ve just won this whole dinner game, guys.
Slam dunk. All the bonus points.
Important question: can tonight and basically all the nights after tonight just be Italian night?
Thanks. My actions weren’t really hinging on your response, but I always appreciate positive encouragement for me to stuff my face.
I mean, heavens yes to ALL of this, y’all! ♥
Just always yes to Italian.
One-Pot Italian-Braised Chicken Thighs
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs 6 thighs
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jar 24 oz pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Pasta for serving optional
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Place flour in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil until hot. Working in batches, sear chicken 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown, using additional tablespoon of oil if needed. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside for a moment.
- In remaining oil in skillet saute garlic over medium heat until just fragrant. Add pasta sauce to skillet and stir several minutes until bubbly. Remove pan from heat and arrange seared chicken into sauce. Cover pan with lid and transfer pan to 350F degree oven. Bake chicken 45-60 minutes until chicken registers 165F.
- Sprinkle chicken with Parmesan cheese and return to oven for an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted. Sprinkle basil on top of cheese and serve chicken and sauce warm with pasta if desired. Enjoy!
More Italian-dinner night inspirations!