Swirled with blueberries and strawberries for a fun patriotic effect and made with only FIVE ingredients, this creamy frozen yogurt is a must-have for the 4th of July!
Last minute loooooong holiday weekend dessert inspiration for you all!!
Because today is a wonderful Friday and it’s only the beginning to a wonderful holiday weekend.
Seriously, this weekend, you guys. It’s going to just ROCK. I mean, how convenient is it that the 4th of July falls on a Monday, therefore making it a looooooong patriotic weekend.
I’m starting my weekend party engines with the best frozen yogurt in all the land. How ’bout you?
So I’m gonna try to keep today’s post fairly short and sweet. I know you’ve probably got long weekend prep stuff to do like dusting off that grill, buying out your local fireworks stand (my brothers) and buying all the sweet corn you can get your hands on.
Actually, I’m like buying every single little thing for this weekend, but especially sweet corn.
Okay let’s get straight into it. This fro-yo. It’s everything I want in life and it’s everything that you never thought you needed, but you DO. Especially this weekend where red, white, and blue everything is just where it’s at.
Guess what else? It’s fro-yo made lighter AND incredibly easy. Don’t let those swirls scare you, because I PROMISE it’s easy. If I can go swirl crazy so can you.
You’re only going to need FIVE, that’s right, FIVE basic ingredients for this frozen yogurt. I kid you not, guys…
- Plain greek or regular yogurt
- Agave syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Frozen blueberries + frozen strawberries
A little ice cream maker magic later…we’ve got red, white, and blue heaven that’s a’waitin’.
Waiting for you and your XXL spoon.
So rich, sweet, creamy, luscious and seriously, that swirl just wins.
*bows down to the fro-yo*
Have an unbelievably awesome 4th of July weekend, y’all! And please make certain you eat unbelievably-RIDICULOUS amounts of frozen yogurt. ??????
Red White and Blue Swirl Frozen Yogurt
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen diced strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, agave, and vanilla until smooth. Scrape into an ice cream maker and churn frozen yogurt according to instructions Once frozen yogurt finishes churning, divide half and scrape half of it in a medium container and place in freezer.
- Divide remaining frozen yogurt in half and place one half in a food processor with strawberries. Pulse several times until completely smooth. Scrape into a bowl and set aside.
- Wipe food processor clean and place remaining plain frozen yogurt in food processor with blueberries. Pulse until smooth.
- Spoon strawberry frozen yogurt and blueberry frozen yogurt in random order on top of plain frozen yogurt in container. Use a knife to gently cut through frozen yogurt to swirl (don't overswirl, otherwise you'll lose the effect) Freeze frozen yogurt until solid, about 2 hours. Enjoy!
Try this totally guilt-free ice cream next!!