Overflowing with those garden veggies? You’ve GOT to try this incredible grilled panzanella salad that’s loaded with a rainbow of veggies, tons of grilled croutons, and an herby vinaigrette.
Valid question for y’all: when is there such a thing as too much salad for one summer? Because seriously, if there were to be such a regulation we’d be breaking some major rules today with salad #849 of the summer.
My salad archives are literally overflowing right now with salad gold. And I’m in no position to quit filling ’em anytime soon.
Plus it’s like seriously hot right now and I mean so.freaking.hot. Currently the heat index is about 102° with about 1000% humidity and literally the only thing I want to eat today is salad and ice cream in that exact order on a constant repeat.
Balanced summer diets, y’all. My bikini hates me.✌️✌️✌️
Okay, friends. Today marks an important day in salad history, because this is the day when panzanella salad officially became MY THING.
Actually today it becomes all of our things. Our everything because this salad, guys. Holy to the MOLEY. Please try to refrain from head-butting your screen as we go through the salad components. —>
- Hence the words in the title, GARDEN-STYLE, we have a whooooole mess of garden goodness from grilled zucchini and summer squash all the way to fresh cukes and heirloom tomatoes on a bed of romaine lettuce.
- Since panzanella salad actually means “bread salad” we just gotta have croutons. GRILLED croutons if you can believe that and yep, you are probably gonna eat most of them straight off the grill.
- Since I’m a sucker for simple vinaigrettes that’s what we’ve got going on here to finish off this bowl of perfection. Lemon juice/olive oil/garlicky herb dresses every little inch. YES!!
Last but not least, a little shaved Parmesan and a sprinkle of fresh basil. I may have told you earlier not to head-butt your screen, but I certainly didn’t outlaw salad face-dives.
In fact I command them.
I’m not bossy, I just know what’s best for you and eating every morsel of this salad is definitely what’s best.
Grilled Garden-Style Panzanella Salad
- 1 medium squash sliced
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 cloves minced garlic divided
- 3 cups dry bread cubes
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan shavings
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced very fine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, toss squash and zucchini with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 clove garlic. Season with salt and pepper. In a separate medium bowl, toss bread cubes with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 clove garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill squash and zucchini mixture on tin foil over medium-high heat until veggies are slightly charred and tender. Lay bread cubes out on tin foil and toss frequently over medium-high heat until bread is charred and slightly crispy. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine lettuce, cucumber, tomato, grilled veggies, and grilled bread. Toss to combine and stir in basil and Parmesan. Set aside for a moment.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, agave, mustard, and garlic until smooth. Drizzle olive oil into mixture, whisking constantly until dressing is smooth. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve salad immediately. Enjoy!
If you’ve got a thing for summer salads…check this one out!!
Leave a Reply