This Tuscan-style turkey salad is loaded with so much fresh healthy goodness and a simple pesto vinaigrette adds an unbelievable amount of flavor!
The infamous start-yer-2017-diet-off-RIGHT salad is officially here, you guys.
Just for disclosure’s sake we’ll call this salad a “diet salad.” It’ll just be between you and me that it certainly doesn’t taste like one and really, who’d want to eat a diet salad anyway?
In my mind, really all that would entail is a plateful of lettuce leaves anyway.
Tragic stuff obviously. Why even bother?
So if you’re down, we’re gonna just move straight ahead into the realm of fun healthy salads.
Here’s the requirements for a fun salad: if a salad isn’t a) completely loaded. b) colorful. and c) covered in dressing you might as well just skip it and eat a cookie instead.
Components for today’s salad includes taking you on a little trip to Tuscany, because hey, as long as I’m dreaming of a vacation we might as well eat some Tuscan-style turkey salad.
I use a mix of romaine lettuce and spinach leaves for the base of this salad and then pile the whoooooole thing with cubed leftover turkey, canellini beans, cherry tomatoes, olives, cheeeeeeeeese…
The pesto vinaigrette seals our whole fun salad deal, FYI. Man, we make some gorgeous salads around here, guys.
January would be proud of us. ??
Tuscan Turkey Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette
- 4 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 can 15 oz canellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 2 cups cooked cubed turkey
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the salad: In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients until smooth. When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine. Enjoy!
You’ve GOT to try this hawaiian-style chicken salad next, guys!
Girl this salad looks so flavorful, nowhere close to a boring tasting diet salad!! I can eat this for lunch everyday! Happy New Year 🙂