Greek salad gets a fun makeover with the addition of spaghetti squash and an incredible lemon-y garlic vinaigrette. This easy spaghetti squash salad is practically a meal in itself!
Majorly considering consuming this spaghetti squash salad for breakfast today, you guys. As if having it for dinner the past two nights weren’t enough.
Actually, they weren’t. They just weren’t enough.
And in actual reality there’s really no such thing as too much of a good thing if we’re talking about a Greek-loaded spaghetti squash salad.
Also, healthy cookies fit themselves into that statement too, but that’s neither here nor there.
Please note if you’ve never had spaghetti squash before/always been wary of it/haven’t quite caught onto the hype yet, this is your recipe to start with! It’s quick to throw together and the amount of salad goodies packed into it is so spot-on, you will absolutely be convinced.
Unless…you’re a very stubborn boyfriend who I still have yet to convince that squash in any and every form is the very best thing ever. I’ll get him to come around eventually. Maybe/most likely by bribery in the form of cookies.
Okay, so here’s how spaghetti squash salad goes down! We’re gonna cook off our spaghetti squash in the oven, let ‘er cool, then shred it all up into spaghetti strands. Simple as that.
A generous pile of Greek goodness gets piled on top and this includes tomatoes, black olives, spinach, artichokes, and feta. So much freaking feta obviously.
Last but not least comes the liquid gold that’s actually a lemon-garlic vinaigrette, but I kinda prefer the term liquid gold because it’s waaaaaaaaay more accurate.
The best part about this salad has got to be the fact that you can make literally EVERYTHING ahead and store it in the fridge for a few days. Once you’re ready to roll, just grab your dressing and the salad and go to town.
Go to town = eat insane amounts. It’s gonna happen regardless of whether you want it to or not.
Greek Spaghetti Squash Salad with Lemon Garlic Dressing
- 1 medium spaghetti squash halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rub the inside of spaghetti squash halves with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place upside-down on a baking sheet. Roast spaghetti squash at 400F 30-35 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Cool squash and then shred the insides with a fork and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add spinach, olive, tomatoes, artichokes, and feta.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients until smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over salad and toss to combine salad. Enjoy!
These spaghetti squash boats are a MUST next-try!