Grab one pot and a handful of simple ingredients and only 20 minutes later you’ll have a skillet full of this INSANELY flavorful citrus chicken and broccoli stir-fry!
Aw yeah, Monday. It’s not sucking today. For two reasons. One of which applies to you and other…not so much.
Reason number 1: It’s the first Monday post-graduation/of summer!! This would be the reason that only applies to me.
Reason number 2: I brought dinner to make up for the fact that your Monday might not be as nice-looking as mine. And trust me, a nice-looking citrus chicken and broccoli stir-fry will help make up for that fact.
Dinner necessities include…ONE POT + 20 minutes + minimal ingredients + the kinda food that even the pickiest of the picky eaters will eat.
Like the good chef girlfriend I am, I brought a ton of this chicken and broccoli stir-fry to Jason the other day and after he was done scraping his plate he told me I’ve gotta make more stuff like this.
I was like oh yeah? Boy, let me show you my archives really quick over here…
The gist of this chicken and broccoli stir-fry is as follows. >>>
- Grab your ONE pot and saute your chicken and broccoli. Done.
- Sauce gets made right in the same pan and it’s killer in the flavor department.
Also, there’s a LOT of sauce because exhibit C which is the last step involves piling the whole shebang over tons of fluffy rice.
Exactly.Like.So. >>> ???
One-Pot Citrus Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot rice for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken, onion, garlic, broccoli, and ginger in oil until chicken is no longer pink and broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Whisk orange juice and cornstarch together and add to pan. Stir in soy sauce, and sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until thickened. Add broccoli/chicken mixture back to pan and toss until coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add parsley. Serve chicken hot with rice and enjoy!