Perfectly soft, creamy and topped with juicy mixed berries, these Greek yogurt mixed berry overnight oats take 5 minutes to throw together the night before and are a perfect morning boost!
Welcome to your new lazy breakfast obsession! If you’ve never taken the overnight oats plunge before, the time is NOW!
Everybody loves a good overnight breakfast that allows you to be as lazy as possible the next morning, right? These oats let you have those slow ‘n’ easy mornings you deserve.
This involves the CREAMIEST-ever oatmeal topped with juicy berries and tangy Greek yogurt. Could breakfast get much better??
A jar of these overnight oats in the fridge is literally the prettiest sight possible in the morning, trust me.
I get it, breakfast is sometimes a hard thing to drum up the motivation to make. But with these overnight oats, you literally don’t have to!
Just shake together your oats the night before, let them soak overnight, spoon your fruit on top the next morning and breakfast is completely done.
These Mixed Berry Overnight Oats feature…
- A perfectly soft + creamy oatmeal base with over 12 grams protein per serving
- Many meal prepping options
- 5 minutes prep time with a handful of basic ingredients
- A fresh, juicy mixed berry topping
Making the Greek Yogurt Mixed Berry Overnight Oats
(scroll down to the end of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats – this particular type of oatmeal is a must – do not substitute quick-cooking oats in this recipe.
- Milk – 2%, skim, or almond milk all work great in this recipe.
- Greek Yogurt – any other type of yogurt also works great here, but we love the texture + added protein Greek yogurt gives these oats.
- Vanilla Extract – a generous splash of vanilla adds tons of flavor to these oats.
- Agave Syrup – honey or maple syrup also work great as a substitute!
- Berries – fresh strawberries + blueberries make up our mixed berry filling with just a bit of sugar + lemon juice to brighten the fruit. You can also use thawed frozen fruit!
Choosing Your Fruit
While you can certainly keep it simple with the classic combo of strawberries + blueberries, check out these other fruit mix-ins we love! –>
- Apples (peeled and sauteed on the stove)
Tips for Meal Prepping Overnight Oats
You can meal prep these overnight oats up to 6 days in advance. This recipe also doubles or triples VERY easily! We typically triple the recipe so we have breakfast made all week.
I recommend storing the oats in pint-sized mason jars and any fruit mix-ins separately. When you are ready to serve the oats, spoon the fruit on top.
Some people prefer hot oatmeal in the morning and the good news is you can warm up these overnight oats! In a microwave-safe container, microwave oats on high 1-2 minutes until heated through. Top with fruit as recipe directs.
Think of this recipe as a blank canvas for SO many rifts on overnight oats! It’s very easily adapted into other variations.
Don’t like Greek yogurt? You can easily substitute your favorite yogurt into this recipe! Check out a few of our other favorite flavor twists. –>
- Mini chocolate chips + sliced bananas
- Fresh pineapple + flaked coconut
- Dark chocolate chips + raspberries
- Peaches + lemon Greek yogurt
These may be simple as far as oats go, guys, but trust me, simple is BEST here. You can change it up with any kind of fruit you have on hand to make it fun too!
I’m telling ya tho, the creamy Greek yogurt + mixed berries + oatmeal combo is just a classic that’ll never get old.
The fact that it pretty much just makes itself overnight into the CREAMIEST oatmeal ever with only 5 minutes prep time the night before is just the best thing ever.
Take a few minutes and stock your fridge with these overnight oats, y’all! You won’t regret it.
More overnight oats recipes that you’ve just gotta try next!
- Caramel Macchiato Banana Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Pie Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- Maple Cheesecake Pumpkin Overnight Oats
Watch these overnight oats made step-by-step on Google Web Stories!
Greek Yogurt Mixed Berry Overnight Oats
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup milk (2%, skim, or dairy free milks all work)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large mason jar, combine oats, milk, yogurt, agave, and vanilla. Screw lid on and shake to combine. Let chill in fridge overnight or at least 8 hours.
- When ready to serve: In a small bowl, combine blueberries, strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Let stand 5 minutes until berries begin to release their juices.
- Remove oats from fridge and divide between 2 serving glasses. Top each serving with berries. Serve overnight oats immediately and enjoy!
For a step-by-step guide to making this recipe, check out the video!
*This recipe was updated with new photos 3/31/21*
Jenna Travels says
Yummy! Thanks for sharing!
Yummy!! Thanks for sharing.
where is the nutritional info on this????
Monika Grover says
Hey Sarah. Great recipe. I tried this recipe and everyone at my house loved it. I always prefer eating oats and greek yogurt in the morning as they help me in staying energetic for the whole day, but I never knew that they both together can make such a tasty combination. This recipe is tasty as well as healthy. Thanks for sharing.
Awesome to hear, Monika! Thanks for letting me know. 🙂