Homemade taco seasoning and a quick cook in the instant pot are the secrets behind this INCREDIBLY tender and flavorful taco shredded chicken! Perfect for topping tacos and salads!
In case you were wondering…..yes, the boring ol’ beef has gotten the official harsh boot out of my tacos.
I mean, CAN YOU EVEN one-up taco shredded chicken? Made in mere instants in the instapot. With homemade freaking taco seasoning, guys.
I’m telling ya, going all out for tacos is really nice when there’s no actual work involved.
I too have been longing for the day where my tacos make themselves and that day is TODAY.
So here’s the scoop on this taco shredded chicken, guys. First thing ya need to know is that it’s about the easiest thing you’ll ever put on your dinner agenda. PERIOD.
- Taco seasoning. A whole mess ‘o seasonings and that’s that. Its 1000x better than packets, promise.
- CHIX. Toss a few chicken breasts with all that seasoning goodness and throw it in the instant pot with a little chicken broth. Cook on high pressure 15 minutes. Release for 5. Shred ‘er up and DONE!
Guys. Its about the most tender chicken you’ll ever fill your tacos with. BOLD on the flavors and you can definitely tell it was scratch-made.
Pile it on top of yo salads. Pile it even higher into your taco. Heck, eat it straight for all I care.
PS, this taco pulled chicken freezes beautifully. Aka, FILL THAT FREEZER STAT.
Instant Pot Taco Shredded Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Warmed tortillas and taco fillings for serving
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of an instant pot. In a small bowl, combine spices and rub evenly all over chicken breasts. Pour chicken broth on top and seal lid.
- Cook chicken on high pressure 15 minutes then let release steam naturally for 5 minutes. Remove chicken from instant pot and place on a cutting board. Use two forks to shred chicken and then toss back into instant pot coating in remaining juices.
- Serve chicken immediately and serve with tortillas and taco toppings, store in refrigerator up to 5 days, or freeze up to 2 months.