Soft, tangy lemon sour cream donuts are glazed in a sweet raspberry glaze and a much healthier way to get your donut fix!
I knoooow, Valentine’s Day was last week and as such, I’m assuming all pink food is considered wrong and outta season?
FAKE NEWS. Enter raspberry-glazed lemon sour cream donuts and watch your mind be changed. Also watch yourself eat 47 of these suckers. ??
Spoiler alert, YA CAN!! Cause baked, baby! I’m confident these baked donuts could easily put the little donut joint just down the block from me outta business.
But I’m not the donut sharing type either so they will likely stay right here. ??
These little beauties are seriously the EASIEST to whip up. The base is fairly similar to a muffin batter only we’re loading up on a) sour cream to give the texture a BIG boost in softness b) lemon juice + zest to give it that tang. It bakes up to literal perfection and honestly, you might be tempted to just eat ’em as they are.
But can I tempt you with some PINK glaze?? And I’m talking naturally pink here, no artificial colors, just letting fresh raspberries lend their flavors + awesome pink tint. IT’S SO FREAKING PRETTY. >>
Just sayin’, Vday may be over but lemon sour cream donuts live FOREVER!
Or at least until you eat them all. Which honestly, is inevitable.
Raspberry-Glazed Lemon Sour Cream Donuts
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Lightly spray two 6-count donut pans. Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter, sugar, egg, sour cream, lemon juice, and zest until smooth. Fold in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until batter is just combined.
- Scrape batter into a ziplock bag (or pastry bag) and pipe in an even circle in donut pan cavities.
- Bake donuts at 350F 15-20 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool donuts in pan 20 minutes, then gently run a knife around edges and invert onto a cooling rack.
- Place raspberries, lemon juice, and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a low simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until raspberries begin to break down and thicken.
- Strain raspberry sauce, discarding solids. Place raspberry juice in a small bowl and whisk powdered sugar into juice until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over donuts and let stand 5 minutes to set. Enjoy!