Caramelized Onion Mac 'n' Cheese
1. Caramelize onions over medium heat.
2. Add mushrooms and saute until tender.
3. Add garlic and balsamic vinegar. Saute until fragrant.
4. Make the sauce by whisking butter, flour, half-and-half, and milk over medium heat.
5. Remove sauce from heat and whisk in shredded cheddar and Parmesan.
6. Stir cooked elbow pasta into sauce.
7. Fold in onion mixture until combined.
8. Bake mac 'n' cheese at 375F 15-20 minutes.
Ready in 40 minutes and the most delicious way to kick up mac 'n' cheese night!