1. Make the tandoori marinade by combining plain yogurt, garlic, ginger, olive oil, and spices. Place salmon filets in marinade and allow to sit 2 hours.
2. While salmon marinates, make the rice: Rinse basmati rice until water runs clear.
3. Bring water to a boil then add rinsed rice, garlic, and a bay leaf to water and bring to a simmer.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot, and let rice cook 15-20 minutes until rice is fluffy and liquid is evaporated.
5. Fluff rice with a fork and add fresh lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
6. Remove salmon from marinade and grill over medium-high heat in a grill pan or on tin foil until salmon is cooked through.
7. Serve salmon hot over basmati rice with fresh parsley, lemon wedges, and steamed vegetables.
Easy, healthy, and so packed full of flavor. -- Put this Indian food classic on your dinner rotation!