White Chocolate Oatmeal Apple Cookie Bars
White chocolate, oatmeal, and apples are a trio made in heaven in these streusel-covered cookie bars! So easy to make and you won't be able to stop eating them!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 bars
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples peeled and diced into 1/4-in cubes
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 8x8 square baking pan with foil and lightly grease. Set aside.
Make the bars: In a large bowl, combine all bar ingredients until crumbly. Set aside 1/3 of crumb mixture and gently pat remaining crumbs in the bottom of prepared pan.Bake crust at 375F 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside.
Make the filling: In a small bowl, combine apples, sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch and then spread over crust. Sprinkle reserved crumbs and white chocolate chips on top.
Bake bars at 375F 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Once bars are cooled, use the foil to remove bars from pan. Cut into squares and enjoy!