Chai Spiced Dutch Baby with Caramelized Apples
Buttery chai-spiced dutch baby is filled with tons of sweet caramelized apples for the easiest and most indulgent breakfast you'll ever make this fall!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1/4 cup melted butter divided
- 1/2 cup warm milk 110F
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 medium apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Powdered sugar for topping
Make the dutch baby: Preheat oven to 375F. Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 9-in cast iron skillet and place skillet in oven to heat butter.
In a medium bowl, whisk remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter, milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in flour salt, and spices until a smooth batter forms. Remove skillet from oven and carefully pour batter into the bottom. Place skillet back in oven and bake dutch baby at 375F 20-25 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown.
While dutch baby bakes, make the caramelized apples: In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, saute apples in butter, sugar, and cinnamon until apples are just barely tender, about 5 minutes.
Fill baked dutch baby with caramelized apples and top with powdered sugar. Slice into wedges and enjoy!