Caramelized Apple Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
Caramelized apples and cinnamon roll flavors take over your morning oatmeal! These overnight oats are unbelievably simple to make and so amazing for a grab-and-go breakfast, you'll be making them all week!
Servings 3 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans toasted
In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in sugar and cinnamon and bring mixture to a low simmer. Remove from heat.
In a large mason jar, combine oats, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon-sugar mixture. Screw lid on and shake several times to combine. Chill oats overnight or 6-8 hours until thick and creamy.
Make the apple topping: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, saute apples in butter and add sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook apples 5-7 minutes until tender, then remove from heat and stir in pecans.
Divide overnight oats between three bowls and top each serving with caramelized apple topping. Enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 474kcal | Carbohydrates: 63.9g | Protein: 9.3g | Fat: 22.9g | Saturated Fat: 9.8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13.1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 143mg | Fiber: 8.8g | Sugar: 37.1g