Applesauce Snack Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
This soft applesauce snack cake gets mixed up in minutes and it bakes up perfectly every time! Smother this cake in tangy cream cheese frosting for one winner fall snack or dessert.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 12 servings
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups white whole flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Ground cinnamon for topping
Make the cake: Grease a 9x13 baking pan and preheat oven to 350F. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk sugar, applesauce, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Fold flour mixture into liquid until batter is just combined.
Spread batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake cake at 350F 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake completely on a wire cooling rack.
Make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Beat in cream by the tablespoon until frosting is smooth and spreadable.
Spread frosting on cooled cake and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Slice cake into squares and serve. Enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 4.3g | Fat: 17.1g | Saturated Fat: 12.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.6g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 224mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 29.3g