Tropical Grilled Chicken Mexican Salad Bowls
Kickin' grilled chicken, sweet pineapple, and lots of Mexican goodness collide in these super-loaded salad bowls.---A zippy chipotle vinaigrette drizzled on top makes all the flavors sing!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups fresh pineapple diced
- 1 avocado cored and diced
- 1 can 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 sweet pepper diced
- 1 large tomato cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons diced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika or regular paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat a grill to medium-high. Rub chicken breasts with Cajun seasoning. Grill chicken over medium-high heat, turning once until chicken registers 165F degrees on a thermometer, about 10 minutes. Allow chicken to cool slightly, then cut into cubes.
Divide lettuce, chicken, pineapple, and avocado between serving bowls. In a small bowl, combine black beans, pepper, tomato, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, then divide mixture between serving bowls.
Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, lime juice, mustard, syrup, chipotle, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle dressing over bowls and serve salad. Enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 43.9g | Protein: 29.2g | Fat: 16.5g | Saturated Fat: 3.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13.2g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 117mg | Fiber: 11.3g | Sugar: 7g