Lemon Tart with Mixed Berry Citrus Sauce
A luscious and beautiful lemon tart that is SUPER-easy to make and covered in a tangy mixed berry citrus sauce!---The perfect springtime dessert.
- Pie pastry for one 9-in pie
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup lemon juice about 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- BERRY SAUCE:
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Whipped cream for serving optional
Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in nonstick tart pan and gently shape into pan. Bake crust at 400F 15-20 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, lemon juice, zest, sugar, flour, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour filling into pre-baked tart pan. Bake tart at 350F 20-25 minutes or until filling is firm to the touch. Cool tart completely on a wire cooling rack.
Make the berry sauce: In a medium saucepan, bring all sauce ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let sauce simmer until just slightly thickened. Keep sauce warm until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, slice cooled tart into wedges and serve with warm berry sauce and whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.3g | Protein: 5.3g | Fat: 8.4g | Saturated Fat: 3.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.3g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 185mg | Fiber: 3.1g | Sugar: 17.6g