Rhubarb-Strawberry Streusel Muffins
These moist, fluffy muffins are an excellent motivation to get out of bed!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- • 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- • 1 tablespoon baking powder
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1/2 cup honey
- • 3/4 cup milk
- • 1 egg
- • 1/3 cup safflower oil
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1/2 cup rhubarb finely diced
- • 1/2 cup fresh strawberries diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin liners.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, beat honey, milk, egg, oil, and vanilla until smooth. Add to flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in rhubarb and strawberries.
4. In a small bowl, combine streusel ingredients until crumbly. Fill muffin liners 3/4 full batter. Sprinkle topping evenly over batter and gently press topping to adhere it to the muffins. Bake in preheated oven 22-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire cooling rack 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 1 dozen.
Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days.