Hasselback Caprese Zucchini Boats
These hasselback caprese zucchini boats are stuffed with juicy tomato slices, gooey mozzarella, and tons of fresh basil for a seasonal veggie side that's LOADED with summer flavors!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium zucchinis, cut into slices 3/4 down width-wise (not all the way through)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into thin slices
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced basil
Brush zucchinis with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper to taste. Roast zucchini at 400F 20-25 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
Remove zucchini from oven and fill slices with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Return zucchini to oven and broil on high an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned. Serve zucchini immediately and enjoy!