Creamy Chicken Mushroom Wild Rice Soup
Incredibly creamy and cozy chicken mushroom wild rice soup comes together in minutes and it'll become an INSTANT winter soup favorite!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium pot over medium-high heat, saute chicken, onion, garlic, and carrots in olive oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add mushrooms and saute an additional 2 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium and stir in flour until smooth. Slowly stir in chicken broth until smooth. Add half-and-half, cooked wild rice, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
Bring soup to a simmer then reduce heat to low and let simmer 15-20 minutes, covered until slightly thickened and vegetables are tender. Serve soup hot and enjoy!