Cranberry Browned Butter Cornmeal Cobbler
Tangy cranberries and a soft cookie-like browned butter cornmeal topping are an unbeatable holiday combo in this easy cranberry browned butter cornmeal cobbler!
Servings 6 servings
- 3 cups fresh cranberries (or frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted over medium high heat until a deep golden brown
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream for serving
In a large bowl, beat browned butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in vanilla and egg until smooth. Add flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt to liquid mixture and fold in with a rubber spatula until batter is smooth. (batter will be similar to cookie dough)
Spread batter over cranberry mixture in an even layer. Bake cranberry cobbler at 350F 25-30 minutes or until cranberry filling is bubbly and topping is golden-brown. Cool cobbler 10 minutes then serve warm with whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!