Blueberry Peach Tart with Citrus Whipped Cream
Juicy blueberries and peaches are a match made in heaven in this pretty blueberry peach tart that's covered with a tangy, irresistible citrus whipped cream!
Servings 9 servings
- Prepared pie crust for 1 (9-in) pie
- 3 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches (or thawed frozen peaches)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup cornstarch, mixed with 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Fit pie crust into a 9-in tart pan and pat up the sides pressing firmly against the sides. Prick bottom of crust several times with a fork. Bake crust at 350F 9-10 minutes or until bottom is a very light golden brown. Set aside to cool.
In a medium saucepan, combine peaches, blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch mixture. Bring to a low simmer over medium heat until fruit is thick and juicy.
Pour fruit mixture into pre-baked tart crust. Bake tart at 350F 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden-brown and fruit filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire cooling rack.