Grilled BBQ Chicken Caprese Salad
Juicy grilled barbecue chicken, a creamy barbecue dressing, and all the caprese fixins' make for one KILLER grilled BBQ chicken caprese salad you'll want on standby all summer!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup homemade or storebought barbecue sauce
- 3 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
Creamy BBQ Dressing
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pat chicken dry with paper towels and spread both sides of each thigh with a little bit of sauce (reserve 1/4 cup of sauce for grilling)
Grill chicken on a medium-high grill, turning once and brushing with additional sauce while cooking until chicken registers 160F. Transfer to a cutting board to cool. Once cooled, cut into cubes
Brush corn with olive oil and grill over medium-high heat until corn is slightly charred. Cool then cut corn kernels off the cob.
In a large serving bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, basil, BBQ chicken, and corn. Set aside while you prepare the dressing.