Instant Pot Shredded Orange Chicken Rice Bowls
Let your instant pot make your Chinese takeout when you make this instant pot orange chicken.--- You won't be able to get enough of this saucy chicken piled high into beautiful rice bowls!
Servings 6 servings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1-3/4 cups orange juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets, steamed until fork-tender
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Orange wedges and sliced green onions for serving
Pat chicken dry and season all over with salt and pepper. Place in a 3-qt instant pot and pour 1 cup orange juice over top.
Seal lid on instant pot and cook on high pressure 30 minutes. Let release pressure naturally 10 minutes. Remove chicken from instant pot and use two forks to shred. Keep chicken warm.
Whisk remaining 3/4 cup orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch-water mixture together in a large skillet. Bring to a low simmer, stirring occasionally until orange sauce is thickened. Toss chicken into sauce until evenly coated.
Arrange broccoli, rice, and orange chicken in bowls and top with orange wedges and green onions. Serve hot and enjoy!
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 45.1g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 2.6g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 719mg | Potassium: 334mg | Fiber: 1.9g | Sugar: 12.1g | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 3mg