Caramelized Apple Cream Cheese Bruschetta
Sweet 'n' spiced caramelized apples piled high on top of cream cheese and crisp french bread is a match made in HEAVEN in this gorgeous cream cheese bruschetta!
Servings 8 servings
- 4 medium apples peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum optional
- 8 slices french bread toasted
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute apples in butter, sugar, and cinnamon, stirring occasionally until apples are softened and sauce is bubbly, about 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in rum if using.
Arrange toasted french bread on a serving plate and spread softened cream cheese on slices. Top with caramelized apples and toasted pecans. Serve immediately and enjoy!