Perfect Fried Eggs with Rainbow Veggie Hash
Picture-perfect fried eggs sit on top of a flavorful rainbow vegetable hash for a super-healthy, quick, and gorgeous savory breakfast!
Servings 4 -6 servings
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and diced into 1/4-in cubes
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and diced into 1/4-in cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 large sweet pepper cored and diced into 1/4-in cubes
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 large eggs
Place potato and sweet potato cubes in a small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are crisp-tender. Drain and dry potatoes.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil until shimmery. Add peppers, onions, garlic, and pre-cooked potatoes to pan and occasionally turn veggies until crisp and cooked through. Add parsley to pan and season hash with salt and pepper to taste. Keep hash warm.
In a separate pan heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into pan, and fry 2-3 minutes until edges are golden and egg is set. Season eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Use a spatula to remove eggs from pan and place on top of hash. Serve immediately and enjoy!