White Chocolate Oatmeal Apple Cookie Bars
White chocolate, oatmeal, and apples are a trio made in heaven in these streusel-covered cookie bars! So easy to make and you won't be able to stop eating them!
Servings 12 bars
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium apples peeled and diced into 1/4-in cubes
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 8x8 square baking pan with foil and lightly grease. Set aside.
Make the bars: In a large bowl, combine all bar ingredients until crumbly. Set aside 1/3 of crumb mixture and gently pat remaining crumbs in the bottom of prepared pan.Bake crust at 375F 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside.
Make the filling: In a small bowl, combine apples, sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch and then spread over crust. Sprinkle reserved crumbs and white chocolate chips on top.
Bake bars at 375F 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden and filling is bubbly. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Once bars are cooled, use the foil to remove bars from pan. Cut into squares and enjoy!