Sun-Dried Tomato Spinach Chicken Pasta Alfredo
This flavor-packed chicken pasta alfredo is loaded with tender chicken, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes for the ultimate one-pot weeknight pasta dinner!
Servings 6 -8 servings
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a dutch oven or skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion, garlic, and chicken in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Reduce heat to medium and stir in flour. Slowly stir in milk until smooth. Add half-and-half, chicken broth, and pasta.
Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and stir pasta occasionally until liquid is mostly evaporated and pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in cheese, tomatoes, and spinach. Season pasta with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!