Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Glazed Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Scones
Drizzled with tons of vanilla glaze and unbelievably flaky, these oatmeal chocolate chip scones are a killer breakfast indulgence with your morning coffee!
Servings 8 scones
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter cubed
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons half and half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Mix in egg and cream until a shaggy dough forms. Mix in chocolate chips
Turn dough onto a floured surface and gently knead several times until dough comes together. Pat dough into a 1-in thick round. Cut the round into 8 wedges and place wedges on prepared baking sheet.
Bake scones at 425F 13-15 minutes or until golden-brown. Remove from oven and cool on a wire cooling rack.
Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over scones and enjoy!