Browned Butter Oatmeal Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Servings 12 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter melted over medium heat until brown and fragrant
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cherries chopped
Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Place browned butter and sugar in the bowl of a large stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until smooth. Add egg and vanilla to bowl and mix until smooth.
Add oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to mixer and mix on medium speed until dough comes together. (dough will be slightly sticky) Gently stir in chocolate chips and cherries.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into 1-in balls and place on prepared baking sheets 1-2 inches apart. Bake cookies at 350F 9-10 minutes or until edges are golden (cookies will appear underdone in the middle---this ok) Cool cookies 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Enjoy cookies warm while the chocolate is gooey!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 33.6g | Protein: 2.7g | Fat: 9.6g | Saturated Fat: 5.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 145mg | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 17.8g