Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Glazed Apple Pie Streusel Banana Bread
Studded with tender apple pieces and covered with tons of buttery streusel and glaze, this fall-style banana bread is so addicting, you might eat the entire loaf by yourself!
Servings 1 loaf (16 slices)
- 4 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium apples peeled and diced into 1/2-in cubes
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-in loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Make the bread: In a medium bowl, beat mashed banana, sugar, oil, yogurt, milk, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt until smooth. Fold in apples. Spread batter into prepared pan and set aside.
Make the topping: In a small bowl, combine flour, pecans, sugar, cinnamon, and butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
Bake banana bread at 350F 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool bread completely on a wire cooling rack.
Make the icing: In a small bowl, whisk all icing ingredients until smooth. Remove bread from pan and place on a wire cooling rack. Drizzle bread with icing and let stand 5 minutes to set. Slice bread and enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 39.8g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.5g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 146mg | Fiber: 3.3g | Sugar: 24g