Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Strawberry Shortcake Dutch Baby
You'll NEVER have a breakfast more fun than this summertime dutch baby! Juicy strawberries, whipped cream, and plenty of melted chocolate piled inside make it a fun spin off of strawberry shortcake!
Servings 8 servings
- 1/4 cup melted butter divided
- 1/2 cup warm milk 110F
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- STRAWBERRY FILLING:
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Melted semisweet chocolate for drizzling and powdered sugar for topping optional
Preheat oven to 375F. Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 9-in cast iron skillet and place skillet in oven to heat butter.
In a medium bowl, whisk remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter, milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in flour and salt until a smooth batter forms. Remove skillet from oven and carefully pour batter into the bottom. Place skillet back in oven and bake dutch baby at 375F 20-25 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown.
While dutch baby bakes, make the filling: In a medium bowl, toss strawberries with sugar. Let stand 10 minutes until berries release their juices.
To assemble the dutch baby, spread whipped cream on top of dutch baby and top with strawberry sauce. Drizzle with melted chocolate and top with powdered sugar if desired. Cut dutch baby into wedges and enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.9g | Protein: 3.7g | Fat: 12.2g | Saturated Fat: 7.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.1g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 145mg | Fiber: 1.5g | Sugar: 4.4g