Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Avocado Pesto Spaghetti with Grilled Corn
This pesto spaghetti is like summer in a dinner bowl.---Extra-creamy avocado pesto and smoky grilled corn takes your pesto pasta over the top in the flavor department!
Servings 8 servings
- 2 cups loosely-packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 ears sweet corn silk and husks removed
- 1 lb hot spaghetti pasta cooked according to package instructions and 1/2 cup cooking water reserved
Place spinach, basil, pine nuts, garlic, parmesan, and avocado in a food processor. With food processor running, drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil through the top until pesto is smooth, scraping down the sides if necessary. Season pesto with salt and pepper to taste.
Brush ears of corn with remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Grill over medium-high heat until corn is slightly charred, turning occasionally. When corn is cool enough to handle, cut the corn off the cobs.
Assemble the pasta: Toss hot pasta with pesto and grilled corn. Drizzle reserved 1/2 cup cooking water into pasta and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 24.3g | Protein: 7.9g | Fat: 19.1g | Saturated Fat: 3.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 15.6g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 76mg | Fiber: 5.4g | Sugar: 1.8g