Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Lighter Creamy Spinach Fettuccine Alfredo
Servings 8 servings
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups baby spinach roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb whole wheat fettuccine pasta cooked according to package instructions and 1/2 cup cooking water reserved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping optional
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, saute garlic in hot butter until garlic is just fragrant. Reduce heat to medium and whisk in flour. Slowly whisk in milk and cream until sauce is smooth. Bring sauce to a simmer, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in nutmeg, spinach, and Parmesan cheese until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted.
Transfer sauce to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend several seconds until sauce is completely smooth. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour hot alfredo sauce over cooked fettuccine and gradually stir in 1/2 cup reserved pasta water until noodles are evenly coated. Season fettuccine with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot with additional Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.4g | Protein: 17.5g | Fat: 16.8g | Saturated Fat: 8.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8.3g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 475mg | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 2.8g