Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Pumpkin Sausage Alfredo Penne
Ultimately creamy and packed with sausage and a mild pumpkin flavor, this pumpkin sausage alfredo penne is going to become your favorite fall comfort food!
Servings 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb penne pasta cooked according to package instructions
- 4 chicken or turkey sausage links sliced 1/4-in thick
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk milk, cream, and pumpkin into mixture until smooth and lump-free. Bring sauce to a low simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and whisk in nutmeg, sage, Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste.
Add cooked pasta and sausage to sauce and gently stir until completely coated. Sprinkle with minced parsley and enjoy warm!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 449kcal | Carbohydrates: 48.3g | Protein: 23.1g | Fat: 18.9g | Saturated Fat: 11.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7.6g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 441mg | Fiber: 0.8g | Sugar: 2.6g