Gingerbread Eggnog Hot Chocolate
Chase away the winter chill with this fun twist on hot chocolate that combines eggnog and gingerbread flavors into one unbelievably-cozy sipper!
Servings 6 servings
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup xylitol or sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for serving
- Mini chocolate chips and cinnamon for topping optional
In a large saucepan, whisk milk, cream, xylitol (or sugar) and egg yolks until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips, spices, and salt. Cook over medium-high heat, whisking occasionally until hot chocolate is steaming and chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
Ladle hot chocolate into serving cups and top with whipped cream and mini chocolate chips or cinnamon if desired. Serve warm.