Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Double-Chocolate Banana Pancakes
These thick, fluffy pancakes are loaded with lots of banana flavor and a double-delight of chocolate---Your family will go "bananas" for these crowd-pleasing pancakes!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 large ripe banana mashed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Maple syrup for serving
In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar until combined. Set aside.
In a separate large bowl, whisk mashed banana, oil, egg, and buttermilk until smooth. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
Heat a nonstick skillet to medium-high heat and working in batches, drop pancake batter by 1/4 cupfuls and cook 1-2 minutes on each side, flipping once. Serve pancakes warm with maple syrup.