Springtime Vegetarian Minestrone Soup
Loaded with tons of spring veggies and packed with an unbelievable amount of flavor, you won't miss the meat at all in this comforting vegetarian minestrone soup!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cups zucchini diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can 28 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can 15 oz kidney beans, drained
- 6 cups vegetable broth OR chicken broth for a non-vegetarian option
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups baby spinach coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot over medium-high heat, saute carrots, celery, onion, zucchini, and garlic in olive oil until just barely tender. Reduce heat to medium and stir in tomato paste, tomatoes, and beans.
Gradually add vegetable broth and Italian seasoning. Bring to a low simmer, stirring occasionally. Stir in penne pasta and spinach, then let soup simmer until pasta is cooked and veggies are tender, about 7 minutes. Season minestrone with salt and pepper and serve warm.