Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Blueberry Streusel French Toast Bake
You've just found your new favorite breakfast! This simple overnight blueberry french toast bake is unbelievably moist inside and covered every inch in an irresistible buttery streusel!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 loaf 16 slices day-old bread, cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 8 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries if using frozen, do not thaw
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter cubed
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Maple syrup for serving optional
Place bread cubes in a greased 9x13 baking pan. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla until completely smooth. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread cubes. Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (at least 6 hours)
Remove pan from refrigerator and arrange blueberries over top. Set aside while you prepare the streusel.
In a medium bowl, combine all streusel ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over french toast mixture.
Bake french toast bake at 350F 50-55 minutes or until middle is completely set and top is golden-brown. Cool french toast bake 10 minutes then serve with maple syrup if desired.